Top 10 benefits of touchless visitor management system
Touchless visitor management software is an advanced system that enables a contactless check-in process for visitors to a facility or office. This system uses cutting-edge technology to streamline the visitor management process and minimize human contact, especially in times of public health emergencies like the COVID-19 pandemic.
The software typically uses a tablet, mobile device or computer to allow visitors to register themselves. Visitors can access the software by scanning a QR code or using a web-based application. The software can then perform a range of functions, such as recording visitor details, screening for health conditions, printing badges or passes, and providing directions to a specific location within the facility.
A touchless visitor management system offers several benefits, especially in the current times of the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are the top 10 benefits of a touchless visitor management system:
- Increased safety: A touchless system eliminates the need for physical contact, reducing the risk of transmission of germs and viruses.
- Enhanced efficiency: The system can automate the check-in process, saving time and increasing efficiency.
- Improved accuracy: The system captures accurate visitor data, including contact information and check-in time, reducing the risk of errors.
- Enhanced security: The system can screen visitors and provide photo identification, improving security and preventing unauthorized access.
- Easy compliance: The system can ensure compliance with regulations, such as health screening or data privacy laws.
- Improved visitor experience: A touchless system can offer a seamless and easy check-in process, improving the visitor experience.
- Better record-keeping: The system can maintain a digital record of visitors, making it easier to track and manage visitor data.
- Reduced paperwork: A touchless system eliminates the need for paper-based systems, reducing paperwork and saving time.
- Increased customization: The system can be customized to fit the needs of different organizations, with options such as multiple language support and branding.
- Cost savings: The system can save costs by reducing the need for staff to manually manage the check-in process and reducing the risk of security breaches.
The VMS can be used to manage both on-site and off-site visitors, and can help to streamline the check-in process by capturing visitor information, including name, contact information, purpose of visit, and check-in and check-out times. The VMS can also be used to generate reports and analyze visitor traffic. However, the VMS requires some level of physical contact, such as scanning a visitor’s ID or taking a photo, to complete the registration process.
On the other hand, a touchless visitor management system (TVMS) is a newer technology that is designed to minimize physical contact and reduce the risk of spreading germs, especially during public health emergencies. A visitor management system (VMS) is a software-based solution that typically includes a registration process, badge printing, and visitor tracking. A TVMS allows visitors to register themselves without touching any shared surfaces, by using a mobile device, web-based application, or scanning a QR code. In summary, both VMS and TVMS are effective tools for managing visitors, but TVMS is a newer and more advanced technology that offers a contactless check-in process to ensure the safety of visitors and staff during public health emergencies.